Chris believes that access to quality, affordable health care is a right, not a privilege, and he’s been a leader in the Senate to protect and expand the Affordable Care Act.
From bogus lawsuits and executive actions to dangerous bills that would cause Americans with pre-existing conditions to lose their coverage, Chris has pushed back time and again on President Trump and congressional Republicans who want to put Americans’ health care back in the hands of insurance companies.
In the Senate, Chris has:
- Supported legislation to reduce the out-of-control costs of prescription drugs and hold pharmaceutical companies accountable.
- Protected women’s access to health care by fighting to protect Planned Parenthood and blocking right-wing efforts to deny women the care they deserve.
- Voted to pass $3.7 billion in federal funding to help Delaware and other states take on the opioid crisis.
- Led an all-hands-on-deck approach to stop Delaware’s opioid abuse epidemic by bringing together federal, state, and local officials; law enforcement; community leaders; and more.
- Fought tooth and nail against Republican attempts to gut Medicare and Medicaid.
- Introduced legislation that would require the DEA to track large opioid shipments in real time.