Chris believes that access to quality, affordable health care is a right, not a privilege, and he’s fighting harder than ever to make this a reality for all of us.
Chris helped to introduce and pass multiple significant relief packages during COVID-19 to benefit all Americans. These bills have included:
- Billions of dollars to increase our domestic testing capacity;
- Funding for resources — such as a Personal Protective Equipment — to benefit our health care heroes who are on the frontlines of this crisis;
- Grants to support doctors offices and hospitals and expand telehealth services during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Plan to coordinate with AmeriCorps to implement a contact tracing program.
Chris has been a leader in the Senate to protect and expand the Affordable Care Act.
From bogus lawsuits and executive actions to dangerous bills that would cause Americans with pre-existing conditions to lose their coverage, Chris pushed back time and again on Republicans who wanted to put Americans’ health care back in the hands of insurance companies.
Chris has supported legislation to reduce the out-of-control costs of prescription drugs and hold pharmaceutical companies accountable.
In the Senate, Chris has also:
- Protected women’s access to health care by fighting to protect Planned Parenthood and blocking right-wing efforts to deny women the care they deserve.
- Voted to pass $3.7 billion in federal funding to help Delaware and other states take on the opioid crisis.
- Led an all-hands-on-deck approach to stop Delaware’s opioid abuse epidemic by bringing together federal, state, and local officials; law enforcement; community leaders; and more.
- Fought tooth and nail against Republican attempts to gut Medicare and Medicaid.